Hi Paul,

Can I report a problem?  I find that the facility in mo71 that allows one to
manage a queue manager via an intermediary doesn't seem to work in mqsc.
Here are the messages, both from a Windows client:

AIX via AIX from Windows
------------------------

E:\Our Documents\Affinity\Sandpit\spells\mqscTest>mqsc -g -m TMQ001
Error connecting to 'TMQ001' RC(2058) QMgr name error.
MQSC Ended

z/OS via z/OS from Windows
--------------------------

E:\Our Documents\Affinity\Sandpit\spells\mqscTest>mqsc -g -m SMQ2
No reply queue specified

Connected to Queue Manager 'SMQ2'

SMQ2>dis qmgr
Error putting to SYSTEM.COMMAND.INPUT RC(2027) Missing reply queue.

MQSC Ended

Both work fine from mqmonntp.exe (MO71) with the same config file.  For your
edification, I have attached the config file.

The facility for indirect queue manager admin is very useful for managing
outlying queue managers, not directly addressable over IP from the core
systems.  I am creating a system (Perl scripts) with the objective of giving
us centralized programmable admin.  It would be of real use to us to have
this facility in mqsc.

Is that enough information to whet your appetite?

Again, many thanks for your much appreciated sterling efforts.

Alan Lovett
EDS UK