The channel should have stopped, and the messages should still be sitting on the transmit queue.

Bill Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10/25/2004 03:38 PM

Please respond to
MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc
Subject
When (if) the dead letter queue gets full

I was asked the question "what happens to messages when the dead letter
queue fills up".

So, I did some testing, and it seams that they are lost. Of course, with a
max depth of 999999999 if you fill that sucker up, you have bigger problems
on your hands than what happens next ;)~

To test, I set a local queue's max depth to 5, and set the max depth on the
dead letter queue (on the same queue manager) to 5. From a remote queue
manager I sent 15 messages across a sender channel.

5 messages were on the remote local queue as expected
5 messages were on the remote dead letter queue as expected.
5 messages could not be accounted for.

The remote system logged the full queue condition for both the local and
dead letter queues, but no hint was given as to what the qmgr did with the
message.

The local (sending) system logged the fact that the message could not be
delivered to the remote and that an attempt was made to put it on the
remote dead letter queue. However, when the remote dead letter queue filled
up, no more errors relating to the problem were recorded.

So, do the messages in such an (unlikely scenario) truly get tossed away?

This e-mail contains information which is SITA - Company Confidential

All sita.int addresses have changed to sita.aero
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mconnect.aero/