> A grep on all source code finds not one instance of MQBEGIN.

An MQBEGIN marks the beginning of a global unit of work. where  another resource like  a database is involved an the QM is doing the resource coordination.

A local unit of work is requested when doing an MQGET, MQPUT, or MQPUT1 with the syncpoint option.
It is then either commited with MQCMIT or rolled back using MQBACK.

Therefore you should search in the code for MQCMIT.

Regards
Markus
Dr. Markus Sonderegger, IKI
Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd.
Hohlstrasse 602, CH-8010 Zurich, Switzerland
Telephone +41 58 887 7281, Fax +41 58 887 4475
www.juliusbaer.com

MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04.11.2004 00:53:49:

> Recycling the qm does generally clear it up, yes. For a while. I've seen
> this a few times lately. I don't know how a restart is clearing it. No
> client connections involved (why would that affect things?). All apps
> make direct connections (no channels involved).
>
> Granted that persistence is a message attrib. My error.
>
> Uncommitted gets? Hmmm. Granted that could be a possibility, but in our
> case, as I mentioned, we do not use syncpointing (but your point about
> using syncpointing is interesting). A grep on all source code finds not
> one instance of MQBEGIN.
>
> tonyB.

*****Disclaimer*****
This message is for the addressee only and may contain confidential or privileged information. You must delete and not use it if you are not the intended recipient. It may not be secure or error-free. All e-mail communications to and from the Julius Baer Group may be monitored. Processing of incoming e-mails cannot be guaranteed. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. This message is for information purposes only. All liability of the Julius Baer Group and its entities for any damages resulting from e-mail use is excluded. US persons are kindly requested to read the important legal information presented at following URL: http://www.juliusbaer.com/maildisclaimer