Thank you for your feedback, Marc!

Sure, there is something that I can try in order to make this work. From
what I can deduce reading the documentation and seeing the class hierarchy.
Qt's accessibility mechanism looks something like this for all classes that
inherit QWidget:

-------------------------------
accessibleName
accessibleDescription
-------------------------------
default implementation
for QAccessible hierarchy
--------------------------------
conection algorithm
--------------------------------
screen reader

In that branch I used the top layer, I've set those 2 properties to the
appropriate strings, which are used by the second layer. What I can do, is
to try and reimplement something from the QAccessible hierarchy hoping that
there is the bug. Unfortunatelly, if the bug is in their connection
algorithm, there is nothing that can be done without changing some code
directly in Qt.

I will try to build MuseScore in Ubuntu too, in order to test the changes
that I make there as well.
You are right, QtCreator and VLC have glitches as well and the strange
thing is that they are different from one program to another.

Andrei