I found the following curious usage. Does anyone think it is wrong. The code
is taking and Element and casting it to Chord* before checking its element
type. I would think the static_cast<chord*> and the if ( ... chord-.tupe()
!= Element::Type::CHORD) continue should be reversed? Am I confused?

https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/blob/8911cdd6c94faf8a0d569829fb885fa2ddcd0f7d/libmscore/rendermidi.cpp#L1013-L1016