I use under Linux the french BÉPO keyboard (to get access at any latin diacritics, and have better ergonomy for French typing)

This keyboard has UNDERSCORE at AltGr + SPACE.... but this key combination doesn't triggers the melism line. I solved by switching UNDERSCORE with U2212 (MINUS) which lays at AltGr + 8(alpha).

BÉPO people have no answer to "Why the SPACE-UNDERSCORE desn't trigger melism line ?"

Does a mscore developer understand why ?

Thanks