It seems that with this issue we are deep in the territory of clang vs gcc
implementations of global variable initialisation especially regarding an
array of structs. That goes way beyond my understanding.

However, I made a quick'n'dirty workaround:

1. styleTypes is now declared as such:

2. MStyle constructor has a local variable, initializer, declared as such:

3. The first thing the constructor does is to copy the values from
initializer into styleTypes:

Note that the local variable's (initializer) declaration/initialization is
identical to the original styleTypes declaration. The problem here is
related on how those global arrays are initialised in clang.

I may post a question to StackOverflow if there are gurus who can instruct
on how to initialise a static const array of structs with clang.