All,

to solve issue https://musescore.org/en/node/175226 [MusicXML import] add
instrument-sound to MIDI mapping, I intended to add a (new) mapping table to
deduce MIDI program number from MusicXML instrument-sound. This is required
to get correct instruments for MusicXML files without MIDI information, such
as generated by Sibelius 7.

When investigating, I found that instruments.xml for every instrument
already contains both MusicXML instrument-sound (as musicXMLid) and MIDI
program number. This provides the required information for over 300
instruments.

Questions:

Is it a good idea to use this information in the MusicXML importer to find
the missing MIDI program numbers ?

As I do not own a copy, could someone upload a few representative Sibelius 7
files (preferably with lots of instruments including drums) to test the
import ? Please just attach them to issue 175226.

Regards, Leon.