On 11/10/2018 09:27, Werner Schweer wrote:
The algorithm to detect collisions was changed for performance reasons. The skyline algorithm is very fast compared to the previous approach especially if the number of elements to compare is big.

Sure, makes sense. Although, I'm thinking that you have to keep anyway the details of each and every element's rect, to enable mouse-based interactions: whenever clicking and/or dragging with the mouse, how do you look-up which element is below the mouse pointer ?

        T.

To solve the special case you saw i can imagine to look for neighboring elements in case the skyline routine tries to move an element more than the element height.