On Wednesday 07 September 2011 07:51:57 wahono sri wrote:
> try
>   tmsesqlquery1.applyupdates; ===> I got error here, but debugger stop
> here. except
>  tmsesqlquery1.trans.rollbackretaining; ====> but this command does not
> executed.
>  exit;
> end;
> tmsesqlquery1.trans.commitretaining;
>
> AFAIK, after I got error message, I can run command after "except" command.

BTW, another possibility to rollback a group of updates is to use savepoints
if your database supports them. tsqltransaction has savepointbegin(),
savepointrollback() and savepointrelease() and the savepointlevel property.
A cascade of updates in tdatraset.post() can be automatically rollback in
case of an error by activting tmsesqlquery.controller.options
dso_postsavepoint.
Sometimes also useful in this context are dso_cancelupdateonerror and
dso_cancelupdatesonerror.

Martin