I got email from berlios admin.

Dear BerliOS developers and users,

BerliOS was founded 10 years ago as one of the first repositories in
Europe. It was
developed and maintained by Fraunhofer FOKUS. As an European, non-proprietary
project BerliOS pursued the goal to support the various open-source
players and provide
a neutral mediator function. In 2011 over 4710 projects have been
hosted on BerliOS,
with 50,000 registered users and over 2.6 million file downloads each
month. We are
proud that with BerliOS we have brought the idea of an OSS repository to Europe.
Meanwhile, the concept has prevailed and there are many good alternatives.

Unfortunately, as a research institute Fraunhofer FOKUS has only few
opportunities
operate a repository like BerliOS. Such a project will only work with
a follow-up
financing,
or with sponsors or partners taking over the repository. In the field
of OSS this
is a
difficult undertaking. In a recent survey the community indicated some
support in
funds
and manpower which we would like to thank you for. Unfortunately, the
result is not
enough to put the project on a sustainable financial basis. In
addition the search
for
sponsors or partners was unsuccessful.

Open Source is understood by Fraunhofer FOKUS as a paradigm for future-oriented
intelligent use of IT. It hurts us all the more that we are forced to
discontinue
the hosting
for BerliOS by 31.12.2011.

* As a developer, you should export your BerliOS project into another
repository.
Alternatives
seehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_software_hosting_facilities

* On our site you will find a guide on how to get your project data
out of the portal
and
migrate it in a different platform,
seehttp://developer.berlios.de/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2056&group_id=2

Fraunhofer FOKUS has a strong commitment to open source and
interoperability, and
is
involved in numerous successful OSS projects. The institute focuses on
the development
of quality standards for open source software and in particular on the
technical,
semantic
and organizational interoperability between open source software components and
between open source and closed source software. Example of our OSS
activities including
our management of the German Competence Center QualiPSo.

We thank all who have used BerliOS over the years.

Fraunhofer FOKUSwww.fokus.fraunhofer.de