On 04/10/2011 08:43, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> GNU is under US law too of course, so no alternative. Was BerliOS really the
> last working non US free software development hosting facility?

Maybe it's worth setting up your own hosting server and domain name like
FPC has done? You will be in full control and free to do as you please.
I'm considering doing something similar in the near future. I want to by
one of those cheap embedded PC's that should be more than powerful
enough for my work load and traffic - plus the power consumption and
noise level will be very good.

Here is an email I sent a few weeks back to my boss about using embedded
/ ARM based PC boards for our current business too.

----------------[ forward ]------------------------------
There is a non-profit organization in the UK developing an ARM based PC
board. Basically in layman terms, it is a damn small PC - currently the
size of a business card, but plans are to make it as small as a USB
stick.  What is even better, is the suggested price range: $25!!!  or
around £15! What a bargain!

The "hard drive" is a simple and cheap SD Card which comes in sizes from
1GB to 32GB or so.

I think this device has HUGE potential in our Master Maths/Science
centres. A really small PC with no movable parts, thus very robust. It
has rather fast processing power (as you can see from the video clips),
and is dirt cheap! Simply duck-tape the Rasberry Pi "pc" to the back of
a LCD monitor, and you have your own homebru "iMac clone" for a fraction
of the cost. :-)

Anyway, I think we should seriously keep an eye on this project.

http://www.osnews.com/story/25108/Raspberry_Pi_ARM_Board_Demonstrated_Running_Quake_III

http://www.osnews.com/story/25147/Raspberry_Pi_Playing_1080p_Video

Specifications:
    * 700MHz ARM11
    * 128MB or 256MB of SDRAM
    * OpenGL ES 2.0
    * 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
    * Composite and HDMI video output
    * USB 2.0
    * SD/MMC/SDIO memory card slot
    * General-purpose I/O
    * Optional integrated 2-port USB hub and 10/100 Ethernet controller
    * Open software (Ubuntu, Iceweasel, KOffice, Python)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/