Hi.

I have a little problem that bugs me.

Having a SQLite database with a varchar (that can have any size) with a
long text inside, I can read data as expected from the SQLite console.

But if I do like this:

var
  blabla:string;

DataSource1.DataSet.FieldByName('detail').AsWideString;

makes no difference from

DataSource1.DataSet.FieldByName('detail').AsString;

as the result in any case is that I only get a short string as result.

If I play a little around with the compiler directive {$H+}, I can get
the rest of the program ( the blabla string) to act as expected, namely
as a wide or short string, but it makes no difference to my dataset.

Any one having a suggestion what to do?

Tnx
Christian