On 12/11/2011 07:58 PM, nore...@z505.com wrote:
>> Removing q1.datasource seems to fix the problem.
>>
>> Martin
>
> In lazarus it warns about recursive use of datasource. i never understood
> exactly why this possibility exists... I can only think that sometimes one
> component needs datasource to be set, whereas other times the other one
> needs datasource to be set.

You do not understand the purpose of tsqlquery.datasource? It can be set
in the detaildataset to a datasource which is connected to the master
dataset. If the master dataset scrolls, the values of parameters of the
detail dataset with equal names as fields in the master dataset are set
to the field values and referesh() of the detail dataset will be called.
For MSEgui the use of tfieldparamlink or lookup fields with local
indexes is normally better.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011