> On Sunday, 25 December 2011, Martin Schreiber <mse00...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe. I don't want that MSEide becomes too clever and think it knows
>> better than the user...
>
> Indeed, please keep it like this. In a new Lazarus setup I have to spend
> 30-60 minutes finding and disabling all the "I think I am more clever that
> you" features - this drives me nuts!
>
> To the original poster:
> If you want more code more quickly in the IDE - learn to type faster! ;-)
>
> Regards,
>  Graeme

Well I turn off lots of features (training wheels) in Lazarus like
automatic indentation, but there is a fine balance. When you fill out the
object inspector and it goes:

begin
end;

i don't see how this is any more intrusive to use:

begin
// your code starts right here
end;

Now if the IDE actually put "your code starts right here" then I would be
mad.  When, for example, would you ever use a compacted begin/end?

begin OneLiner;
end;

SARCASM: if it is so bad for the ide to do automation, why not make the
programmer type begin end; himself instead of the object inspector
automation?  i.e. when you make a new event in the object inspector and
hit enter, why even have the IDE do anything at all and fill out any
procedure stuff for you? why not use Vim or eMACS instead? Real men..