I create a tstringedit with the following code:

    seValue := tstringedit.create (self);
    seValue.left := 40;
    seValue.Top := 20;
    seValue.width := 60;
    seValue.height := 24;
    seValue.tag := 1000;
    seValue.color := cl_yellow;   // so I can see it on the form
    tpgContactPersonal.insertwidget (seValue);

All I get is a yellow rectangle on the form;
No place to enter string data in the edit control.

Do I need to set some more options?
Do something else in the tstringedit.create (self) line?