On Friday, 10. February 2012 16.06:09 jPatrick wrote:

> My problem is I have a changing number of fields to insert.  I don't want
> to have separate insert statements for 5, 6, 7, more/less variiables.  U
> want to set the params count, datatype, name, paramtype in program code.
>
> I tried manipulating the params.count field but get an error message
> "no member is provided to access property".

Change the SQL query text, the params will be updated automatically.
"
 <tsqlstatement>.params.clear;
 <tsqlstatement>.sql.text:= '<thestatement>';
"
In order to add params use TParams.AddParam() or TParams.CreateParam(). It is
also possible to setup the maximum of needed params at designtime by
tsqlstatements.params.count and tsqlstatements.params.<item n>.