sorry.. adding the line after the begin.

copy paste of the code:
procedure tmainfo.dofacturarcontratos(const sender: TObject);
var
 f : tdlgmesanyofo;
 frar : tdlggeneraventasfo;
begin
showmessage('something');  /// <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< adding this line makes it
working
 f := tdlgmesanyofo.create(nil);
 try
  if f.show(true) = mr_ok then
  begin
   frar := tdlggeneraventasfo.create(nil);
   try
    frar.fechaventa := f.fechafinal;
    frar.accion := ventastodasty;
    frar.show(true);
   finally
    frar.free;
   end;
  end
  else
   showmessage('Proceso cancelado');
 finally
  f.free;
 end;
end;

So it probably has nothing to do with main form, in the other forms there
was a askyesno dialog before running the dialog

--
Julio Jiménez Borreguero