On Wednesday 14 March 2012 12:11:49 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I thought I would try msegit again. I tried a simple task... rebasing
> one of my local branches against master, to bring it up to date.
>
> From the command line that would be:
>
>     git checkout mybranch
>     git rebase master

You can do the same in git console window, don't enter the 'git ' prefix.

> For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to do that with
> msegit. MSEgit has a rebase menu option, but it rebases with itself -
> which is totally pointless. There doesn't seem to be a way (that I
> could find) to tell it with what branch it should rebase.

Hmm, there seems something to be wrong, I'll have to check it.

> Also, can you commit hunks? Not whole files.

The popup menu item 'Patchtool' can be used for the purpose. Select in branch
window the source branch in local or remote 'L' column, select in log window
the wanted commit, select in diff window the wanted file, RightClick in diff
window, the in 'Options'-'patch tool command line' defained program will be
started. I use "kdiff3 $BASE $THEIRS $MINE".

> Where do you see what files (and hunks if possible) will be included
> in the next commit  - thus viewing what is in the staging area.

'git'-'Commit all' opens a dialog window where the files are listed.