On 27 April 2012 10:18, Martin Schreiber <mse00...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another problem is that some FPC core devels use Delphi job-related and need a
> second source compiler in case Embarcadero drops Delphi. So Delphi
> compatibility has absolute priority.
> Additional they probably don't take into account the needs of MSEide+MSEgui
> because the userbase is negligible. I am the only one apart of Graeme which
> uses the term "MSEide+MSEgui" in the FPC mailing lists

Yeah, I don't understand FPC core team (and Lazarus core team) either.
If all they want is Delphi compatibility, then why the hell would be
choose FPC - rather go with the 'real' product Delphi!

I moved over to FPC in the hopes that it would be BETTER than Delphi -
not just on par with Delphi.

As for my comments in the FPC and Lazarus mailing lists...
Unfortunately my comments don't bare much weight these days. I don't
see eye to eye with most of them, and pissed off way to many people in
the past. What gets me the most is the double standards. Macro my
introduce breaking changes in a STABLE fpc branch, but other merge
requests which would not break anything was rejected in the past
(multiple times). Go figure!

--
Regards,
  - Graeme -