On Friday 20 July 2012 20:12:08 Ivanko B wrote:
> AFAIK, MSEgui already has the OpenGL drawing engine - exactly to be
> able to run on any GUI platform powered by OpenGL (Android etc
> embededs).

Correct, experimental state. Pixmap handling in OpenGL with good performance
is difficult because of the many different implementations. All have
different extensions, limitations and bugs.
I don't know if it is a good idea to use a desktop toolkit on a handheld
device. On a handheld device it is possibly better to use the native API
which the users are familiar with and because it uses less resources.
On desktop computers there is a keyboard and a mouse with identical output on
all platforms and devices.
On handheld computers there is a touch screen with platform or even device
specific gestures and maybe speech recognition.

> But sound still doesn't have such a common platform, AFAIK.
> Correct, Martin ?

MSEgui currently has bindings and an output component for PulseAudio.