On Saturday 04 August 2012 12:55:38 Ivanko B wrote:
> MSEgui only needs polishing to run on OpenGL (so doesn't need any
> SFML/SDL helping for it) .. its audio choice (PulseAudio) can run on
> Linux, Win-32, Android, iOS [no need in SDL/SFML for that],.. for
> networking MSEgui has the excellent Synapse [no need in SFML for
> that].. correct, Martin ?

I wrote:
"
I commented already about OpenGL. While developing the experimental MSEgui
OpenGL backend I found that it is very difficult to achieve good performance
on all the different OpenGL implementations with there different extensions,
limitations and bugs. Embarcadero for example failed with their Firemonkey
product.
"
So if SFML solves that problem especially by providing fast textdrawing and
pixmap handling on all OpenGL implementations it will be valuable. It must
ben proved first. AFAIK SDL has no high level drawing API to OpenGL, one has
to use OpenGL directly, correct?

BTW, there is a lot of copied messages again in your mail.