On Tuesday 18 September 2012 09:42:11 news.gmane.org wrote:

> With attached testcase:
>
> - select smth in all combo boxes
> - press "show qry data" button
>
> Acc to the design time fields order of tmsesqlquery1, we should have in
> run time:
>
> ..field3: 2xx (from tmsesqlquery2)
> ..field4: 3xx (from tmsesqlquery3)
> ..field7: 1 (by tfieldfieldlink1 to dmmainmo's tmselongintfield1 = 1 by
> tdmmainmo.aftreoprn)
> ..field8: 2 (by tfieldfieldlink2 to dmmainmo's tmselongintfield2 = 2 by
> tdmmainmo.aftreoprn)
> ..field9: 3 (by tfieldfieldlink3 to dmmainmo's tmselongintfield3 = 3 by
> tdmmainmo.aftreoprn)
> ..field10: 4 (by tfieldfieldlink4 to dmmainmo's tmselongintfield4 = 4 by
> tdmmainmo.aftreoprn)
> ..field11: True (in tmsesqlquery1.AfterInsert)
> ..field1: 4xx (from tmsesqlquery4)
> ..field2: 5xx (from tmsesqlquery5)
>
> But with the test case we have:
>
> ..field3: 1
> ..field4: 2
> ..field7: 3
> ..field8: 4
> ..field9: True
> ..field10: 4xx
> ..field11: 5xx
> ..field1: 2xx
> ..field2: 3xx

I get
"
tmsesqlquery1:
=====================
tmsesqlquery1Field1: 210
tmsesqlquery1Field2: 310
tmsesqlquery1Field3: 1
tmsesqlquery1Field4: 2
tmsesqlquery1Field7: 3
tmsesqlquery1Field8: 4
tmsesqlquery1Field9: True
tmsesqlquery1Field10: 420
tmsesqlquery1Field11: 510
"
> that's again wrong fields order & also wrong fieldfield match order.
> Or is the PRINTQUERY(..) code wrong ?
>
> PS:
> Also, in tparent2fo.qryafterinsert() me had to use Edit & Post otherwise
> the fiedfiedlink-s don't work:
> //-----------
> procedure tparent2fo.qryafterinsert(DataSet: TDataSet);
> begin
> with dataset do begin
> edit; // << HERE(1)
> fieldbyname('tmsesqlquery1Field11').asboolean:= true;
> post; // << HERE(2)
> end;
> end;

The field values are updated by datalink.updatedata(). No
dataset.checkbrowsemode in editstate -> no field update.