> On Friday 15 January 2016 18:42:25 Julio Jiménez wrote:
> > > Please tray again with git master
> > > e5e164282b9f98b887d1feaddf8ca558316d84a2. What I do not understand is
> why
> > > isc_service_start() does not return with nbak
> > > until the servise is completed.
> > >
> > > Martin
> >
> > nbackup command doesn't return log info. may be because it's very cpu
> > intensive... dunno
> >
> > BTW, I don't like nbackup... is not binary compatible with other versions
> > and have issues.
>
> I didn't know it. Which issues? I use it and a DB backup tool with issues
> is a
> nightmare.

About Nbackup pros and cons:
http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/nbackup-overview.html

I don't use nbackup because some of the limitations. My experience in the
past (years ago... with first versions of Firebird) was not very good.
Corrupted backups and more...

In server side I use gbak. Is not so fast but have lots of options and
advantages too.

Having firebird services in MSE is great. Delphi and Lazarus had it time
ago.

Cheers

--
Julio Jiménez Borreguero