On Friday 21 April 2017 21:20:14 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-04-21 17:34, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > That is not caused by LLVM but by the changes in the language
> > specification in the Delphi frontend.
>
> I have no clue... I'll try and find the URL of that conversation and
> forward it on to you. Just in case MSELang might fall into the same trap.

In the Delphi NEXTGEN compilers they removed AnsiStrings and added ARC to
classes, string indices are 0-based. There was also a talk about to remove
pointers, I don't know if it really happened.

Again, that changes have nothing to do with LLVM but mostly with marketing and
the needs of the mobile targets and their target audience maybe. The Linux
compiler is also NEXTGEN AFAIK.