On Wednesday 25 October 2017 16:43:01 Erich Rast wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently evaluating whether I can use MSEGui in a project and would
> like to know the following:
>
> 1. Is there a multiline rich text control that allows embedding
> of images?

There is ttextedit placed in a twidgetgrid which can be used to
edit "richstringty"-strings. "richstringty" can show different font colors
and font styles character by character. It is also possible to show images in
twidgetgrid cells. MSEide source editor is made with ttextedit/twidgetgrid.
In order to edit HTML-like documents an external component or application can
be embedded by means of twindowwidget which provides a container window
handle.

> 2. Does MSEGui already have built-in support for "internal" drag&drop,
> i.e., dragging a user interface element like a custom drawn canvas over
> the window on a control like a listbox that receives it (on the same
> window)?

Yes, DND is handled for example by the tform.dragdock property. An example
with filenames which also communicates with the desktop environment is here:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseuniverse/tree/master/attic/msedocumenting/mse/trunk/help/tutorials/widgets/sysdnd