Hello Roland!

> I never used bookmarks so I don't see well the problem,

It is not only for bookmarks but for all Linux applications.
To type a number, with a azerty keyboard (like mine), on Linux and the
French keyboard enabled, you need 2 fingers.
One to press the shift key and one to press the number.

It is not a problem when only one number has to be entered, but if there is
a lot I prefer the "Windows-French-Keyboard" solution.
With this one, you press once the Maj key to set it on and then press all
the numbers using only one finger.

> I didn't know that bambara was a kind of french. Funny. :)

Imho Bambara uses the azerty layout keyboard but I am not sure it is a kind
of french....