Hello Med.

>  In the SRC  of msebufdataset.pas  there is a function to check that (
> checksumfield)  and abort the task.

Hum, in msebufdataset.pas I see a "procedure checksumfield" not a "function
checksumfield":

procedure tmsebufdataset.checksumfield(const afield: tfield;
                                         const fieldtypes: fieldtypesty);
begin
 checkbrowsemode;
 if (afield.fieldno <= 0) or (afield.dataset <> self) or
         not (ffieldinfos[afield.fieldno-1].base.fieldtype in
                                             fieldtypes) then begin
  raise edatabaseerror.create('Invalid sum field
'+'"'+afield.fieldname+'".');
 end;
end;

> Is it possible to change this behavior without changing   source file?

Sorry but I will need more infos to understand.

- What is the goal, do you want the possibility to manage the behavior of
"checksumfield", to not only give (or not) a error message?
- Do you want that "checksumfield" becomes a function and the result is true
or false?
- What do you mean with " without changing  source file", are you talking
about the database file or about the source of the program?