Hello mohamed,

you wrote on Fri, 4 Aug 2023 08:55:13 +0000:

>  Finaly I opted  for the solution of scanning an array of
> TCUSTOMEDITDATAEDIT .

Depends on what, exactly, you want to effect. If it's only about selecting
a prebuilt set of fields, using an indexed array of fields might be a good
first step. To possibly avoid scanning all fields, it's also possible to
construct a set of relevant indices and using this in a for loop to access
the fields from the array, like so:

VAR
  selection: SET OF indexvalues;  // what ever these are...
  fieldindex: indexvalues;
  fields: ARRAY [indexvalues] OF <field type>;

  selection:= <whatever, may also be a function result or some such>;
  FOR fieldindex IN selection DO <whatever> (fields [fieldindex]);

You don't have to check every possible index value with an "IF" condition,
the FOR loop can do that by itself, as an fpc extension to "basic" Pascal.

But I don't know whether this can be of any use to you, as I don't have a
clue what your goal might be - these are just theoretical considerations.