On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Matthias Ringwald <matth...@ringwald.ch> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> sorry for the trouble. I've somehow (maybe it was too late..) imagined that
> the patches are against some special already patched versions of the original
> binutils, gcc, etc.. which is not the case.

Correct: mspgcc releases are always patches against the original
upstream releases.

In contrast, LTS bug-fix patches are generated from sources to which
both the base mspgcc patches and any previous LTS patches were
applied.  Those are technically optional, might have to be combined
with distribution-specific patches, and on the whole serve primarily
as examples for downstream maintainers to use when applying fixes for
upstream problems to distribution-specific packages.  Most build
systems I know of can simply add them (or reworked versions of them)
to the full package build without significant pain.

> I'm fine now and will update the fink package in the next days.

Great; thanks.

Peter