On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Nils Faerber <
nils.faer...@kernelconcepts.de> wrote:

> Am 15.03.2013 14:10, schrieb Peter Bigot:
> > If you file a tracker ticket on the SF project and attach a
> > self-contained and reduced reproducing example along with what you did
> > (exact build commands), what you saw, and what you expected to see, I'll
> > take a look.  Don't send any questions or code to me personally unless
> > I've invited you to do so, or you've contracted with me for support
> > (which would be a different email address).
>
> That's why I asked you before hand and will now do the proposed ticket
> way. Thanks!
>
> > Read ESR's "smart questions" document, and please be very accurate and
> > concise with what you provide.  In the first email you say it failed
> > with medium model; in this new one you say it works with medium model
> > and fails with large model.  If, like #342, what you provide does not
>
> So I also have to ask you for accurately reading my first mail :)
> I did describe two problems.
>
> One is the byte order problem which occurs when using the medium model,
> right. And this fault can be overcome by declaring the array as const.
>
> The other problem is that "large" immediately fails with rendering the
> controller unausable (blown fuse). This means the application does not
> even run so I can not tell if the byte order problem may or may not
> occur with "large" too.

If you report both, do them as separate tickets that are self-contained.

> > allow me to reproduce the problem in a few minutes effort I'm going to
> > consider it a problem with your code or environment, and I don't provide
> > support for that for free.
> >
> > Note that I probably don't have whatever LCD hardware you're targeting,
> > so you'll have to make it reproducible with something that produces
> > serial output (via printf).
>
> The LCD is connected to SPI and there is no feedback from the LCD. So as
> long as you do not have any SPI peripherals that might choke on the data
> coming in it should not matter.

Just make sure that I can validate the misbehavior easily, such as by
observing serial output.  Having to attach a logic analyzer to see what's
being sent to the non-existent LCD does not qualify as "easily reproduced".

Peter