For which version is this valid syntax? Just tried to use it for a simple
test with my version which is:

Deans-MacBook-Pro:src dean$ msp430-gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Reading specs from
/usr/local/msp430-uniarch-20110716/lib/gcc/msp430/4.5.3/../../../../msp430/lib/msp430mcu.spec
COLLECT_GCC=msp430-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/local/msp430-uniarch-20110716/libexec/gcc/msp430/4.5.3/lto-wrapper
Target: msp430
Configured with: ../../gcc-4.5.3/configure --target=msp430
--enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/usr/local/msp430-uniarch-20110716
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.5.3 (GCC)

And I got a compiler error.

D.