Hello,
I'm new here, so please forgive me if this is not the right place to ask this.

I stared using msp430-gcc recently. (Earlier I used something else.)
I'm working on on some program written in C and assembly.
I wanted to debug it in mspdebug (in simulation mode, because the pif
has not implemented single stepping). I wanted to debug some assembly
code.
However I noticed that I only had access to symbols (functions,
variablles) from the C file but not from the assembly file. Looks like
the symbols form the assembly file are not present in the .elf file.
I was not able to find by myself how to compile / assemble it to have
all symbols in the .elf file

Currently, I use these commands:
msp430-gcc -g -c -Os -mmcu=msp430f1232 -o main.o main.c
msp430-gcc    -E     -mmcu=msp430f1232 -o asmp.s asm.S
msp430-as  -g        -mmcu=msp430f1232 -o asm.o  asmp.s
msp430-gcc -g        -mmcu=msp430f1232 -o st.elf main.o asm.o

If someone was able to tell how to do this so that I have all the
symbols in the .elf I would be thankful.

Balthasar Szczepański