On 03/22/2017 10:43 AM, Bob von Knobloch wrote:
> On 22/03/17 16:24, David W. Schultz wrote:
>> Calling another function from the ISR was what triggers this bad
>> behaviour. Especially if the called function is in another file.
> Hi David,
> my code doesn't call a function in the interrupt, it merely decrements a
> count, tests it for zero and, if not, sets a port bit hi or low, then
> exits. This uses only R13 which is why I'm surprised that all the others
> are 'push-pulled'. Your description also depicts not the best behaviour.
>
> Bob

I just took a look at some generated code for a simple timer interrupt
and it only saves 5 registers. Just what it used and nothing else.

Compiler version is: msp430-elf-gcc (SOMNIUM Technologies Limited -
msp430-gcc 5.3.0.219) 5.3.0

Not quite the latest.

--
David W. Schultz
"Life without stock is barely worth living..." - Anthony Bourdain