From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Kent, Mark
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:43 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] ADK install error

I am getting the following error when trying to install the Windows ADK on
Sever 2012.  It occurs (as far as I can tell) when trying to run the
WimMountAdkSetupAmd64.exe file during the ADK setup:

"Image path is [\??\E:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Assessment and
Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\amd64\DISM\wimmount.sys]
Could not acquire privileges; GLE=0x514
Returning status 0x514"

If I run that installer directly, I get the following error:
[cid:image001.jpg@01CE70C8.BA9DD8C0]

I have downloaded the ADK files locally and ran the installer as Admin.  I have
tried copying the files to C: instead of E: and running the install from there
and still get the error.  I've looked at Process Monitor and I do see it
writing the file successfully.  I can't seem to find much on this.  It seems to
be some sort of permissions issue.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to the
cause or the direction to look?  The server is a fresh build on VMWare 5.1.
Thanks!

Mark Kent (MCP)
Sr. Desktop Systems Engineer
Computing & Technology Services - SUNY Buffalo State

<<inline: image001.jpg>>