I have IBCM working again now in CM12 SP1, after a PSS ticket.
The SP1 upgrade from RTM had reset my internet-based SUP settings to
default, so I had to reset the options I needed there.
It also somehow cleared the reference to the actual WSUS database so
downstream synchronization was not working until we fixed that.

At this time, the scans are still throwing warnings about EULA.txt files
(referencing link to internal server name on 8530), but the actual scan is
running against the internet-facing URL on 8531, ultimately exiting with
success and my DMZ/workgroup boxes are patching successfully in spite of
the EULA.txt warnings.