So we were having problems with imaging, and I validated the content to be
sure it was on all DPs.  The Win7 image came back 100% successful. I then
finally got logs from the guy in California (Have only been asking for a
week now) and I found that it wasn't finding the package on the server. So,
sure enough, I go to the SMSPKG share and it doesn't have the image package
listed.

I re-validated the content on that specific server and it still shows 100%
successful. Is this expected behavior for legacy packages stored the old
way and not with dedupe? I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with
the server validating content or expected behavior. I'm not finding the
answer on Google.