How is the client install task setup in Prod?

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Giroux, Eric J [egir...@unum.com<mailto:egir...@unum.com>]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 10:29 AM Central Standard Time
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] SCCM OSD not joining correct sitecode

I’m having an issue with site code assignment during SCCM 2012 SP1 R3 OSD.
Initially when implementing 2012 I was using my old images captured in SCCM
2007 and all was running fine.  I have just recently implemented image updates
where the images were created with SCCM 2012 for the first time, so the 2012
client was included in the WIM files.

The problem I’m running into is that the images are created in a separate lab
site/SCCM hierarchy.  When I deploy the images in my production 2012
site/hierarchy, the machines are automatically joining the site code for the
lab site where the images were created.  I’m not doing any AD site boundaries
so I don’t believe AD is coming into play at all with automatic site code
assignment.

My ccmsetup logs from during the OSD process show the correct production site
code and show the production site server being used for the SMSMP and SMSSLP
variables.  The first entries in the LocaionServices.log indicate the client
being assigned to the lab site, not the production site.

These images were captured using standard OSD capture media.  Has anyone run
into this where deploying images in a site different than where the images were
created results in the client joining the old site?

Thanks,

Eric Giroux
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Unum End User Computing
E-mail: egir...@unum.com<mailto:egir...@unum.com> | Office: (207) 575-2482
Mobile: (207) 239-5190 | Fax: (207) 575-2158