From: Johns, Damon (DoJ)
[damon.jo...@justice.tas.gov.au<mailto:damon.jo...@justice.tas.gov.au>]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 05:00 PM Central Standard Time
To: 'mssms@lists.myitforum.com'
Subject: [mssms] Query for x86 and x64 software that is 'not' installed

Hi Everyone,

I need to build a query for a collection to determine which computers are
missing some software.

This particular app has an x86 and x64 installer. The software inventory picks
up the presence of this app and stores the data in the usual
SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS and in  SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64

Does anyone have a query to hand that will do this for me? I have plenty of
queries which will do one but not both.

I have found this:

select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name,
SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,
SMS_R_System.Client from  SMS_R_System inner join
SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID
= SMS_R_System.ResourceId inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64 on
SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where
SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "SSRPM User Client Software" or
SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.DisplayName = "SSRPM User Client Software
x64"

Which lists when it is present on computers – but my understanding of SQL
queries is pretty woeful so I’m uncertain as to how to alter the join and logic
so it returns clients that do not have the software installed.

Cheers
Damon

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by
legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any
disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you
have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office
by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable
arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return
at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the
information contained in this transmission.