From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Stuart Watret
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 5:26 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: suggestions for automation, client import and checks

End goal, get good data into sccm to allow rebuilds via F12.

Using a web interface............

We don't allow rebuilds without some monitoring, therefore to restrict a
customers ability to F12 rebuild we use collections.

We populate the collection via a webtool; simply adding the computername does
not always work as the record it adds is only from AD discovery and has no MAC
address.  So the tool populates the collection, but the F12 doesn't work.

I'm trying to check if the record that is about to be added has an entry for a
MAC, and if not prompt for it's input.

Better?

Stuart Watret

Offshore - IT Ltd