From: JONES, RICK J [rj7...@att.com<mailto:rj7...@att.com>]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 05:43 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] Temporary Elevation to Local Admin

Elevation of rights has been a battle for as long as I can remember while being
here these 14 years, so I surely agree against having them.
But… there are exceptions, and situations where a user gets all the authorized
approvals from management and such.

What I am after is a method to allow the approved user to self-elevate their
rights at the given system without having to have field support interact on the
system to do the work.
But, then after the temporary elevation of rights time expires, then the rights
would be stripped automatically.

If that given user needs the rights again, they run the tool in Software Center
and give themselves the elevated rights to do whatever it is that they need to
do and then removed again.

By doing something like this, the user is not left with elevated rights but
only is elevated to that level as is needed but can self-support to elevate if
needed.

I think that even the most avid of Tech would be able to operate under such a
mode because they know that they can self-elevate when needed but then are
dropped down to standard user after the allotted time.

Rick J. Jones
Wireless from AT&T
Domestic Desktop Application Management
D: (425) 288-6240