From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com]
On Behalf Of Kim Oppalfens
Sent: Montag, 9. Juni 2014 14:54
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] Permissions on systems management container

I don't think I'll ever see it that way. I don't feel it is more convenient
to add a system to a group where it isn't needed, seems more inconvenient
than anything else.

I also don't agree with the minor reduction quote. You've, at best, doubled
your security risk, and that's for one remote site system, its times 3 for 2
dp's and so on.

This is a systems mgmt solution you're talking and as such when compromised
you basically lost the keys to the kingdom.

Let's assume one of  your dp's is attacked and is used to compromise the
site server minutes later. At which point a hacker decides to put windows XP
on all your systems. Would you still feel comfortable explaining after the
fact that your setup was best practice as it was more convenient?

You're free to do it that way, but this doesn't satisfy the 100% accepted
and recommended statement in the original post, in my book.

But there's clearly no technical discussion here, more a practical one, and
that's a matter of personal preference I guess.

Sent from my Windows Phone

  _____