That was my suggestion, but the complaint was that maintaining a QOS list of
servers which may require changes in the future if servers get added/removed
across all of the network devices would be too much work and likely would not
be well implemented. Hence the desire to change the ports.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Matt Browne
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 1:08 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: Changing SCCM port

We have looked at something similar in the past.

If you are looking at just putting QoS on the download of updates etc, then
it’s probably just BITS you need to be worried about (ie 80 & 443).  There are
many other ports that the client uses (ie RPC etc) but you probably don’t need
to worry about those.

We ended up creating a QoS rule for traffic to/from the main site servers and
the DP’s, on those ports.

Hope that helps