Ok, I got this figured out and working.  Like I said, updating our SCCM server
falls under one of our admins duties.  But as I got to digging, there appeared
to be a CU msp path in the folder structure of my client install files.  Inside
the folder with ccmsetup.exe, there is the i386 and x64 folders.  In each of
those is a folder labeled ClientPatch, and within that, the msp update for the
CU.  For whatever reason, we had the current ccmsetup.exe version, but that
ClientPatch folder had CU2.  I replaced it with CU3
(configmgr2012ac-r2-kb2994331-x64.msp), redistributed the package, and now my
right-click properly installs the current CU3 version.