I am posting to see if any of you folks have done what I am trying to do and
can offer any tips or advice. -

Deploying Avaya soft phone package to my end users - package, install
etc...everything is fine and works great no problem there. There is a config
file in %username%\appdata\Roaming\Avaya\etc... that stores the server name,
sip information and a few other static values. I have no problem updating that
file and copying it to that location during the package deployment but there is
one user configured setting that is not static and I cannot set it during
deployment and that is the users phone extension. Obviously every user has a
unique phone extension so the information is different for each user that
installs the package, it is easy enough to have them fill in the information
when the application is launched BUT I like to automate stuff if at all
possible. :)

So here is my question...is it possible that during the install of the package
maybe as a dependency (this is how I am copying the config files to the user
directory - package installs as "system" file copy as "user") I could have a
PowerShell script that queries AD for the phone extension of the logged on user
and inserts it into the config file? Has anyone written a script to query AD
attributes and insert them into a text file replacing a current value?

Thanks for any tips / advice.