I noticed the same thing on my test instance today.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Corkill, Daniel
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:51 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Client and console version after installing post-1606 "early
wave" update

I upgraded our 2012 SP1 site the same week 1606 was released to the "early
wave" and so I decided to forego the upgrade to 1602 and went straight to 1606.
So obviously I was applicable for KB3180992 when it was released. No big
problem, I installed it last night without an issue. However, I note it's
supposed to come with new console and client versions and I'm a little confused
by the versioning.

None of my consoles received a prompt to upgrade to a newer version this
morning and they're all reporting version 5.0.8412.1003. More importantly
though, the client version is supposed to be incremented to 5.0.8412.1007 (from
.1006) and this is true for the client auto upgrade. However, the ConfigMgr
client package is still showing as .1006 and our newly built machines from task
sequences that use this package are all being built with the .1006 client.
Should I be concerned?

Daniel.

This email, including any attachment, is confidential to the intended
recipient.  It may also be privileged and may be subject to copyright.  If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the email.  Any confidentiality or privilege is not
waived.  Neither the Council nor the sender warrant that this email does not
contain any viruses or other unsolicited items.

This email is an informal Council communication.  The Council only accepts
responsibility for information sent under official letterhead and duly signed
by, or on behalf of, the Chief Executive Officer.

Privacy Collection Notice

Logan City Council may collect your personal information, e.g. name,
residential address, phone number etc, in order to conduct its business and/or
meet its statutory obligations. The information will only be accessed by
employees and/or Councillors of Logan City Council for Council business related
activities only. If your personal information will be passed onto a third
party, Council will advise you of this disclosure, the purpose of the
disclosure and reason why. Your information will not be given to any other
person or agency unless you have given us permission or we are required by law.