From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Merenda, Kenneth
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 8:43 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] IP Helpers for PXE

I have a large environment where the DHCP server and WDS server are not always
on the same subnet as the clients.  In this case, what IP helpers are needed
for PXE of both UEFI and BIOS devices?

Currently, we’re using option 66 pointing to the WDS server (SCCM DP), and 67
pointing to SMSBoot\x86\wdsnbp.com.  It seems to me that 67 would cause a
problem for UEFI, but I’m hesitant to change.  Right now, PXE works for BIOS
but not UEFI, and I don’t want to break BIOS support just to get UEFI working.

SCCM is environment 2012 R2 SP1 CU1 on Server 2008 R2.  Thanks, in advance.

Kenneth Merenda

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
used for urgent or sensitive issues