We ran into the Universal CRT issue when we upgraded a few weeks ago on a very
small amount of machines. Have you tried to install the KB and see if it goes
through then?

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Denzik, Josh
Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 11:18 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Office 2013 to Office 2016 Upgrades

This message was sent securely by MUSC<http://www.musc.edu/>

All,

Just wondering if anyone has seen this issue below after an office 2016 upgrade:

[cid:image001.png@01D23A84.86A28E60]

Pretty much everyone says to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual
Studio 2015 to fix the issue, but if fails on my machine and I never can get
office to back on the machine properly. The problem is that the KB2999226
(Universal CRT) which is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual
Studio 2015 failed to install. The update is already present on the machine.
This is only happening when I upgrade to office 2016 from 2013. Should this
vcred be installed on the machines ahead of time?

-Josh

This message was secured via TLS by MUSC<http://www.musc.edu>.