Make sure you have the right NIC drivers.  We have problems from time to time
when the wrong drivers are installed.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Murray, Mike
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 1:04 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [External] [mssms] WOL not waking powered off computers

We have WOL enabled on our network. I'm able to wake a sleeping computer, but
not a powered off computer. I verified WOL is enabled in BIOS and the network
adapter is not getting powered off. Is this normal?

[cid:image001.png@01D241A1.2406EF20]

Best Regards,

Mike Murray
Desktop Engineer/IT Consultant - IT Support Services
California State University, Chico
530.898.4357
mmur...@csuchico.edu<mailto:mmur...@csuchico.edu>

Remember, Chico State will NEVER ask you for your password via email!
For more information about recognizing phishing scam emails go to:
http://www.csuchico.edu/isec/basics/spam-and-phishing.shtml

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The e-mail transmission (and/or the documents
accompanying such) may contain confidential information. Such information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are
not the named or intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on
the contents of such information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender and then delete the email. Thank
you for your cooperation.