I suspect you are doing what I tried first--when in "Catalogs", right-click
edit the existing one, or use the tempting-ly named "Add Catalogs"; which
that selection is apparently only for vetted Partner catalogs.  I suspect
(hope??) that Adobe's real catalog will magically be corrected in the
Partners catalogs one some day in the future, but what I did was make a
"User" Catalog.  Under Catalogs, you just select Add; and input all of the
right stuff.  And yes, I screwed that up the first time, too.  But once I
got it right, and tested, then I deleted the "partner" catalog listed
there.  Just so I don't get error messages anymore when SCUP does it's
quick check for updated catalogs.

When you make a "user" one like that, other than the Path I suspect you
could call the publisher, name, and description anything you want.  I chose
to make it similar to the Partner one.